International Returns Policy – updated 15th November 2018
In view of the extra time and expense involved with international antique and collectible shipments, it is critical that you are very sure of your decision and return policy before purchasing, in certain circumstances the return cost of postage, insurance and duties can be more than the items value.
We will answer any question, so if you have any doubts regarding buying one of our antiques or collectibles, no matter how small, please ask us before buying.
The terms below replace our standard UK returns policy.
Before returning any goods you must contact us first. We understand that occasionally customers wish to return items and we are happy to meet our obligations to refund according to our policy below:
- In all cases you must contact us within 7 days of receiving the item. This can be via email or phone but we will need a written record of your request within 7 days, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
- Provide the reason for return and the item description.
- You will then be supplied with instructions and the return delivery address. The address will be a London address but please remember this will not be our registered office address ( packages are not accepted at this address).
- We refund as soon as we receive the item and you can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase.
Wrongly described or Incorrect item
If you believe the item has been misrepresented on the website or somehow we sent you a different item to the one you selected and paid for then please e-mail me within 7 days of receipt of the goods. Where possible we will arranged collection, shipping and re-import back to the UK and if we have made a mistake we will provide a full refund including your return shipping costs if we require you to ship the item..
Change of Mind
We do accept returns for change of mind for Internationally delivered antique or collectible purchases, please note our return policy is not the same as our UK return policy, in all cases the following applies:
- We MUST be notified within 7 days of delivery via e-mail of your intention to return the item
- The collectible or antique must be returned using an end-to-end tracked and we recommend you use an insured service (you must check the courier insures the item carried and the insurance value covers the item) as you are responsible for the item until it has been successfully returned.
- We do not offer a refund of our initial P&P costs, any import duties originally paid by the customer, return P&P costs or the cost of UK import duties we must pay for receiving back the item. When we are liable for import duty on the return it will be deducted from the refund.
- When the same item is returned and in the same condition as originally supplied by us we will refund the original price paid for the item (minus any UK import duties if applicable).
Damage on arrival
We most be notified immediately (or within 24 hours) if the item arrives damaged.
In the unlikely event the item is damaged on arrival we will have paid for insurance to cover the cost, however the courier will need to take back possession of the damaged item and packaging and view the packaging and damage in order to validate the claim. It is essential you keep the damaged item exactly as it arrived in it’s packaging in order that we can use our insurance cover and provide a full refund.
Failure or Refusal to pay Import Duties
We will not accept returns of an item because you have failed, or decided not to pay these amounts. We will have no liability to refund your purchase price or shipping costs in this situation.
If, however, the item is returned to us under these circumstances, we will be liable for numerous fees of various descriptions. If we receive the item back in original condition we can refund you the cost of the item minus any fee’s we have paid. We will provide you with an itemized balance with receipts
At no point will we refund the outbound shipping costs paid when purchasing the item and no refund will be made if the item is returned damaged.
If the fee’s are we incurred are greater than the value of the item we will invoice you for the balance.